Tibia Bone Harvest
• Insufficient bone in the upper or lower jaw
• Patient desires his/her own bone
• Sinuses have become enlarged, reducing space for implants
• Trauma to affected jaw bone requiring reconstruction
• Cysts or tumors in affected jaw bone requiring reconstruction
• Relatively time and cost effective
• In-office/outpatient procedure
• Low morbidity – safe
• Yields significant amount of bone for reconstruction
• Provides cells that are found to grow and regenerate bone
Post-Operative Instructions for Tibia Graft Surgery
- Take Motrin & Norco together for the first 2 days. Alternate on day 3; then switch solely to Motrin if needed.
- Continue antibiotics until they are all gone.
- Do NOT get knee dressing wet
- We will remove knee dressing in 1 week to 10 days
- Apply ice to knee 20 minutes on/20 minutes off for 2 days only
- NO walking for 24 hours; then walk with caution & assistance for 1 week deliberately
- The tibia graft site may be sore for up to 2 weeks.